Friday, February 22, 2008

Research

Finally pulled my head out of my ass long enough to sit down with my mother and have her tell me the story of my dad. You see my dad was injured while he was a paratrooper in 1948 and this story to me was a wonderful story of determination. It really is amazing how they survived and pulled together to overcome the disablilty my dad had to endure.

I do not want to post too much about the story here but suffice it to say, it is a story of courage, anger, determination and above all else love.

In writing down all the background for this story, I got a cramp in my hand...lol and had to take a break...so what do I do...I come here and blog about it...sheesh.

Anyway, I have always thought that the story of how my dad triumphed over the nay sayers when they told him he would never walk again would really make a great novel, so here I am trying to start a little fire in the hopes that it will become a truly wonderful story.

Here is hoping!

No comments: