Sunday, December 23, 2007

Editing/Holiday

I printed out the first 100 pages of my MIP and have begun to edit. Today saw about 35 pages edited and the more I read the more I am going to have to re-work the first 50 or so pages to fit with the remainder of the novel.

The way this started totally changed around the 50 page mark or so and went a different direction, and now I scratch my head trying to figure out what to do. I think I need to sleep long and hard on this and just keep plugging away on the remainder of the MIP. Perhaps I will find my clue in the later pages.

Here's hoping anyway!

Now for a different topic: I will be so glad when the holidays are over! Bah Humbug so much hoopla and money spent and time wasted only to make the corporations richer. Boo Hisssssss!

In all seriousness the holidays really do mess things up...the mail is so overwhelmed each year that what should take only 3 or 4 days for a letter to arrive at my home has now taken almost 2 weeks, and that was only from West Virginia. All the stores close, the banks close, hell, the only thing open is Blockbuster Video and their clones. At least I am thankful for that.

Don't get me wrong, I fully know what this holiday is about and I do honor that, but come on...this hoopla bullshit is no more about celebrating His birth than anyting. And really the only reason to even buy any thing is for the little kids and to see the look of pure joy on their face when they see what Santa has brought them. As for me and mine we could do without this corporate holiday, thank you very much.

No comments: