Friday, June 22, 2007

Weight Loss

Woohoo! As of June 20, 2007 I have lost 21 pounds. I started watching what I eat way back in February 2007, but in the last month after having been diagnosed with Acid Reflux (Gerd), my diet has drastically changed.

For about 9 months I have been fighting acid indigestion, and at times have had the reflux wake me up in the middle of the night with painful burning in my throat and esophagus. Breathing was very difficult and I had to get on oxygen. The pain would last hours and the breathing difficulty made it impossible to lay down or even relax in an easy chair.

I tried over the counter meds (Prilosec) which helped the first time I had a problem but then it sort of just petered out. So, I finally got off my ass and went to the doctor where she prescribed some heavy duty medicine.

I have also stopped drinking soda pop that has caffeine (I will have a Sierra Myst 100 Cal. twice a week), and stopped eating tomatoes, citrus, and and some dairy (during the day it is fine, but not for dinner along with some carbs. Carbs and late night do not make for weight loss).

So, to make a long story short, I was 233 in February and now June 22, 2007, I am 212. I have set 1 (of many) goal to reach 200 (12 pounds to go) before September 2007. Slow is the way to go.

I average around 1400-1500 calories a day, and because of my situation at home I am not able to get out to a gym, but I do what I can around the house.

I am just so damn happy with what I have lost so far...can't wait to see what I look like at 200 pounds...still heavy--but on my way!!!!

1 comment:

Julie Kibler said...

Good for you, Donna! I think I found at least part of that 20 pounds you lost. Waah.

Good luck on keeping it up! It sure is easier to keep going once you've lost that first 15 or 20 pounds and are motivated.