Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Authors

Lately I have been reading different authors web sites and blog. I must say I have been enjoying them very much. Bob Mayer (I have enjoyed his Area 51 writing under Robert Doherty books and also writing as Greg Donegan, The Atlantis series). Then there is MaryJanice Davidson and her Undead series, a funny and new slant on the "vampire" genre. For a new writer with a fresh look at magic, vampires, werewolves all done with a sense of style and humor there is Kim Harrison. Jim Butcher and his Dresden files are just in a word...spectacular. Then there is Laurell K. Hamilton and her Anita Blake series, I must confess I haven't read much of her lately as I feel her later books are not as good as her earlier books. I will probably get crap for this, but there is just too much sex, sex, sex, and too much I, I, I, in her books. Her other characters seem to really take a backseat to her Anita Blake character and it has made her books seem the same old same old. Another new writer is Carrie Vaughn and her "Kitty" series, yes this is a werewolf book, that is so much more than that, it makes the point, that being different, is not a bad thing. Which in this day and age is something we all can take pointers on.

No comments: